Skip to main content

friends

I am lost in translation of (who, what) a friend is in the world anymore. I am in a conversation and someone mentions a name( and since I have a crazy memory- and know almost everyone I have ever met or seen) I do not know how to classify anyone.
Are they my friends?
I feel like I have people whom fall into the following categories:
  • co-workers whom I chit chat with but does not seem to remember whats going on in my life long enough to pretend to care
  • people who want me to babysit
  • classmates online who do not even know much about me beyond my name. they do not even remember that I am from another state( even though I constantly remind them in each post)
  • people from middle school, high school, college that I run into constantly.
  • parents of kids that I spend time with all day.
  • family that I barely see or talk to
  • fellow church goers
  • people that my husband talks to and their wives who sometimes talk to me
am I the only one who feels like this? am I being too over critical? I just don't want to be the person to call someone a friend and over hear the conversation " oh we are not friends- i just know her".

I went to a small group tonight and expressed my reasoning for wanting to be apart because I am seeking friendships. Can Fb make a new selection to be "real friends"?
( :

Comments

  1. I had a nice long comment and it got deleted! lol so I will try to recap what i said :-)

    I can totally understand where you are coming from, because often times I am saddened by the same exact thing. I know it is tough, especially being in school, and being an online student nonetheless. But know, that I consider you a friend!! Even though we met through an online class, and have only spoke once on the phone, and mostly via online class or facebook, I still feel like your a friend. And I can't wait to meet you. I know that once we meet, it will seem like we have been friends for a long time!!

    That is one thing I LOVE about facebook. Facebook allows us to get to know each other so much more than just communicating through an online class.

    Hold your head up, because I know that once you get out of school, you will feel a much larger feeling of belonging/friendships :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE: The Thing I was Promised I Could Not Do

I feel like every post I make, I am finding more of my voice again. I never in my life felt like I would have a voice to share about some of the more body related posts that I have made, but here I am to share about another personal body part- lol! I realized I had not shared about my breast feeding journey and I feel like it is something that might help someone. So the journey starts on a very cold day in January 2018. As I have noted in previous blogs, I had a c-section which was not 100 percent my goal but 100 percent perfect in every way. I was told going into my c-section that it may take a little longer for my milk to fully come in but it was not going to be impossible. So when my little guy was able to join me in the room we would be in, we went to work. I was still very medicated and he made his wiggly way to the source. I knew not much was coming but he was happy at the end of each feeding attempt, but his blood sugar was low and the nurses wanted me to switch to formula and w...

2014 Retrospective

Well well, 2015 snuck up on the Huffman- but want to look back at 2014. January tick tock, tick tock- we spent time waiting on our call- our 2013 ended after a whippity skippity trip to Indianapolis and knew that in Gods timing we would be finding out if and when we would take our next adventure. So before the end of January we knew our new journey would be to Indiana, and it would be soon. I ended my time at Gracepoint and subbed at Churchill Baptist until we got the news. Went to the San Antonio Zoo one last time for our 5th anniversary and what would be our last anni in SA ( for free due to the Spurs winning). We enjoyed seeing GHOST with friends before receiving our call and making final prep for our move to Indy. February Good byes are hard,  especially when they are family, friends and food. Both of us were born and raised in South Texas and even when we moved to Oklahoma for 9 months in 2008-2009 for school at OBU- San Antonio was still home. Basica...

REVIEW: Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal

{necessary information} I received this book as a try-me from Tyndale Publishers and the opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher {transparency of blogger} I have worked for preschools and coaching facilities and as a babysitter for most of my life. Sometimes you have an extra coloring sheet laying around while the kids are babysitting ( and sometimes it was on purpose) so you have to sit down with the kids and use the best crayons or color pencils available to color the extra page. Okay, okay, I love to color. There is something therapeutic to coloring.  { review Gratitude} I love all things girly, so the fact that this book came with a flowery firm cover- I was giddy. Then you open up to devotion surrounded with black and white images crying to be colored- I was over the moon. After I read the devotional there is room to journal through my thoughts, taking coloring breaks. I highly reccomend this book for all ages and would b...