Skip to main content

REVIEW: You Can Do This by Tricia Lott Williford

Tricia and her book baby

{necessary information} I received this book from the author as a part of the launch team for free. The opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher.

{review: You Can Do This} Tricia is a clear and concise writer detailing some hurtful and raw points in her life. Through every chapter there is a reflection assignment to help you work through the tough spots in your life and find the confidence in Him to work through them. She sprinkles quotes from strong famous people, as well as strong Biblical truths.
In chapter 5 she reminds you that the comment section does not have the right to get you down. On page 62, Tricias therapist reminds us that, " Everybody has a chapter of their life they don't read out loud." She introduced me to 6 word stories- which I am very excited to give a try. In chapter 9 she introduces us to her second love story. "No for now isn't no forever"!!!!
Every chapter title is relevant to who we are as women and what we face daily.

{recommendation and information} I think this book is best suited for those who are 18 and older, though there is nothing graphic or too adult in nature to be read by a teenager after an adult has read it and agrees. The book is geared towards women ( sorry men) but could still be found useful to a male helping see the issues women face.

{buy it} Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and Lifeway Christian Stores.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE: The Thing I was Promised I Could Not Do

I feel like every post I make, I am finding more of my voice again. I never in my life felt like I would have a voice to share about some of the more body related posts that I have made, but here I am to share about another personal body part- lol! I realized I had not shared about my breast feeding journey and I feel like it is something that might help someone. So the journey starts on a very cold day in January 2018. As I have noted in previous blogs, I had a c-section which was not 100 percent my goal but 100 percent perfect in every way. I was told going into my c-section that it may take a little longer for my milk to fully come in but it was not going to be impossible. So when my little guy was able to join me in the room we would be in, we went to work. I was still very medicated and he made his wiggly way to the source. I knew not much was coming but he was happy at the end of each feeding attempt, but his blood sugar was low and the nurses wanted me to switch to formula and w...

REVIEW: Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal

{necessary information} I received this book as a try-me from Tyndale Publishers and the opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher {transparency of blogger} I have worked for preschools and coaching facilities and as a babysitter for most of my life. Sometimes you have an extra coloring sheet laying around while the kids are babysitting ( and sometimes it was on purpose) so you have to sit down with the kids and use the best crayons or color pencils available to color the extra page. Okay, okay, I love to color. There is something therapeutic to coloring.  { review Gratitude} I love all things girly, so the fact that this book came with a flowery firm cover- I was giddy. Then you open up to devotion surrounded with black and white images crying to be colored- I was over the moon. After I read the devotional there is room to journal through my thoughts, taking coloring breaks. I highly reccomend this book for all ages and would b...

2014 Retrospective

Well well, 2015 snuck up on the Huffman- but want to look back at 2014. January tick tock, tick tock- we spent time waiting on our call- our 2013 ended after a whippity skippity trip to Indianapolis and knew that in Gods timing we would be finding out if and when we would take our next adventure. So before the end of January we knew our new journey would be to Indiana, and it would be soon. I ended my time at Gracepoint and subbed at Churchill Baptist until we got the news. Went to the San Antonio Zoo one last time for our 5th anniversary and what would be our last anni in SA ( for free due to the Spurs winning). We enjoyed seeing GHOST with friends before receiving our call and making final prep for our move to Indy. February Good byes are hard,  especially when they are family, friends and food. Both of us were born and raised in South Texas and even when we moved to Oklahoma for 9 months in 2008-2009 for school at OBU- San Antonio was still home. Basica...