Skip to main content

LIFE: Word of 2018

I don’t lean well. I don't sit well. I don't slow well. 
I am a power through girl- things are going to get done, no matter what. 

BUT... this year (2018) has to look a little different.

2018 will bring
  • 32 years for hubs (Jan 7)
  • 9 years of marriage (Jan 9)
  • 30 years of age ( Oct 11)
OH YEAH! and a baby no later than January 15th. 

While it was hard to swallow not having a natural birth, we have a very breech baby and will be having a c-section on Jan 15th at the latest- you know because babies sometimes don't like being told when their birthdays will be and decide to bust down the water wall. So we shall see when BABY H will join our rankings within the next two weeks. 

BECAUSE of all of this...

I have considered a few different words to represent my goal in 2018. The first word that came to mind was slow- again if you know me, or have read any of my blogs = I don' t slow well, I am a get up and go girl. I think that there will have to be large doses of slow, especially in the next two to three months but I didn't feel is encompassed the wholeness of what I was needing this year. I also considered this
because I feel like this is going to be my fuel for the next undefined amount of time. #ILOVEBREAD
So this will be my underlying principles- teehee. 

My word of 2018
re·li·ance

rəˈlīəns/
noun
  • dependence on or trust in someone or something:        synonyms: dependence, dependency 
  • a person or thing on which someone depends.
I want to embrace all parts of this definition. I want to be the best mama, wife, worker I can be- I want to be the person that people can depend upon. I thrive on being the person that others than depend upon... but with a season of new with baby and the need for recovery after surgery, I am going to need to live in the first part of the definition. I already stated, I do not lean well- but I am going to have to lean into my hubs, my family, and mostly to God to get me through recovery and learning my new role: Mom. 2018 I will have reliance on God first, those around me second, and seek to be one that others can put their reliance on third.

Happy 2018!
<3 Anastasia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE: The Thing I was Promised I Could Not Do

I feel like every post I make, I am finding more of my voice again. I never in my life felt like I would have a voice to share about some of the more body related posts that I have made, but here I am to share about another personal body part- lol! I realized I had not shared about my breast feeding journey and I feel like it is something that might help someone. So the journey starts on a very cold day in January 2018. As I have noted in previous blogs, I had a c-section which was not 100 percent my goal but 100 percent perfect in every way. I was told going into my c-section that it may take a little longer for my milk to fully come in but it was not going to be impossible. So when my little guy was able to join me in the room we would be in, we went to work. I was still very medicated and he made his wiggly way to the source. I knew not much was coming but he was happy at the end of each feeding attempt, but his blood sugar was low and the nurses wanted me to switch to formula and w...

REVIEW: Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal

{necessary information} I received this book as a try-me from Tyndale Publishers and the opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher {transparency of blogger} I have worked for preschools and coaching facilities and as a babysitter for most of my life. Sometimes you have an extra coloring sheet laying around while the kids are babysitting ( and sometimes it was on purpose) so you have to sit down with the kids and use the best crayons or color pencils available to color the extra page. Okay, okay, I love to color. There is something therapeutic to coloring.  { review Gratitude} I love all things girly, so the fact that this book came with a flowery firm cover- I was giddy. Then you open up to devotion surrounded with black and white images crying to be colored- I was over the moon. After I read the devotional there is room to journal through my thoughts, taking coloring breaks. I highly reccomend this book for all ages and would b...

2014 Retrospective

Well well, 2015 snuck up on the Huffman- but want to look back at 2014. January tick tock, tick tock- we spent time waiting on our call- our 2013 ended after a whippity skippity trip to Indianapolis and knew that in Gods timing we would be finding out if and when we would take our next adventure. So before the end of January we knew our new journey would be to Indiana, and it would be soon. I ended my time at Gracepoint and subbed at Churchill Baptist until we got the news. Went to the San Antonio Zoo one last time for our 5th anniversary and what would be our last anni in SA ( for free due to the Spurs winning). We enjoyed seeing GHOST with friends before receiving our call and making final prep for our move to Indy. February Good byes are hard,  especially when they are family, friends and food. Both of us were born and raised in South Texas and even when we moved to Oklahoma for 9 months in 2008-2009 for school at OBU- San Antonio was still home. Basica...