Skip to main content

LIFE: Seven Months

Today my small fry turns seven months old, and its the first time I am sitting down the blog again. 
For someone who loves to write, it has felt a bit odd- however its not like I have just been sitting over here eating bon bons for seven months. Since I last blogged:


  • January 15th our family grew by two perfect feet, and ten sweet toes. 
  • First week in February John flew out the a church interview in Virginia
  • First week in March we trekked across America with our cat and our seven week old and moved to said church in Virginia
  • March and April we were settling into our house and parenthood
  • April and May we were getting all of the summer youth and childrens ministry plans laid out
  • June and July we basically lived at the church as we put on VBS then took the students ( and our 5 month old) to camp at Liberty University
  • End of July, my mother and niece came for a visit and to meet our little guy
And now somehow we are in mid August and I haven't written since January 1st. I have entered a new set of seasons in my life: being a mama, and staying at home. What this means for you, my readers, is that I have new lenses that my writing ( and reading) will be reflecting. Since shortly before finding out I was pregnant, I was going through the struggle of my identity in general and plan to use my blog, the books I read and most of all meditation in the Bible and conversations with God to help me see my new role(s). I look forward to having you on my journey with me. 
<3 Mama Anastasia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE: The Thing I was Promised I Could Not Do

I feel like every post I make, I am finding more of my voice again. I never in my life felt like I would have a voice to share about some of the more body related posts that I have made, but here I am to share about another personal body part- lol! I realized I had not shared about my breast feeding journey and I feel like it is something that might help someone. So the journey starts on a very cold day in January 2018. As I have noted in previous blogs, I had a c-section which was not 100 percent my goal but 100 percent perfect in every way. I was told going into my c-section that it may take a little longer for my milk to fully come in but it was not going to be impossible. So when my little guy was able to join me in the room we would be in, we went to work. I was still very medicated and he made his wiggly way to the source. I knew not much was coming but he was happy at the end of each feeding attempt, but his blood sugar was low and the nurses wanted me to switch to formula and w...

REVIEW: Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal

{necessary information} I received this book as a try-me from Tyndale Publishers and the opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher {transparency of blogger} I have worked for preschools and coaching facilities and as a babysitter for most of my life. Sometimes you have an extra coloring sheet laying around while the kids are babysitting ( and sometimes it was on purpose) so you have to sit down with the kids and use the best crayons or color pencils available to color the extra page. Okay, okay, I love to color. There is something therapeutic to coloring.  { review Gratitude} I love all things girly, so the fact that this book came with a flowery firm cover- I was giddy. Then you open up to devotion surrounded with black and white images crying to be colored- I was over the moon. After I read the devotional there is room to journal through my thoughts, taking coloring breaks. I highly reccomend this book for all ages and would b...

2014 Retrospective

Well well, 2015 snuck up on the Huffman- but want to look back at 2014. January tick tock, tick tock- we spent time waiting on our call- our 2013 ended after a whippity skippity trip to Indianapolis and knew that in Gods timing we would be finding out if and when we would take our next adventure. So before the end of January we knew our new journey would be to Indiana, and it would be soon. I ended my time at Gracepoint and subbed at Churchill Baptist until we got the news. Went to the San Antonio Zoo one last time for our 5th anniversary and what would be our last anni in SA ( for free due to the Spurs winning). We enjoyed seeing GHOST with friends before receiving our call and making final prep for our move to Indy. February Good byes are hard,  especially when they are family, friends and food. Both of us were born and raised in South Texas and even when we moved to Oklahoma for 9 months in 2008-2009 for school at OBU- San Antonio was still home. Basica...