Skip to main content

LIFE: In Front of the Photo Taking Mama

Photo by Artem Beliaikin on Unsplash

In the past few years, I have heard the grumblings of older generations about the constant use of cameras when families are out and about. I am not saying families whos noses are in their phones using the playground as a babysitter, I am talking about moms who are always taking photos of their kids. I have even seen blog after blog about being present with your families instead of having photos of every event. I agree we need to be present in the moments that are happening, but is there someone missing that moment?

Yes, there is someone missing those moments. 

It could be a dad or mom is at work.
It could be siblings away at school.
It could be grandparents that are not living in the area. 

I am writing this two-fold. First, that as the caretaker, we have to ignore the stares and whispers of the people around us. Second, we never know why someone is doing what they are doing, so why does it matter to us?

All of this came to heart today as I am walking around the park doing both of my jobs, social media poster for Ignite Hope and mom to my little boy. I interchanged scoping adoption content for work and uploading photos to Tinybeans ( a virtual family photo album) for the family who does not get to see my kid growing up. Malachi has grandparents in three states, great grandparents in two states and two countries, and aunts and uncles(and greats) spread around too. I do not want our family to miss out on seeing this sweet boy grow and learn, and I get calls from them if I take too many days to upload photos and videos. 

So next time you see a caretaker trying to capture a moment on the playground, smile- because you do not know who is on the receiving end of that photo. Bonus if you offer to take a picture of the caretaker and the kid. If you are the photo taker, enjoy every moment with and without the camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE: The Thing I was Promised I Could Not Do

I feel like every post I make, I am finding more of my voice again. I never in my life felt like I would have a voice to share about some of the more body related posts that I have made, but here I am to share about another personal body part- lol! I realized I had not shared about my breast feeding journey and I feel like it is something that might help someone. So the journey starts on a very cold day in January 2018. As I have noted in previous blogs, I had a c-section which was not 100 percent my goal but 100 percent perfect in every way. I was told going into my c-section that it may take a little longer for my milk to fully come in but it was not going to be impossible. So when my little guy was able to join me in the room we would be in, we went to work. I was still very medicated and he made his wiggly way to the source. I knew not much was coming but he was happy at the end of each feeding attempt, but his blood sugar was low and the nurses wanted me to switch to formula and w...

2014 Retrospective

Well well, 2015 snuck up on the Huffman- but want to look back at 2014. January tick tock, tick tock- we spent time waiting on our call- our 2013 ended after a whippity skippity trip to Indianapolis and knew that in Gods timing we would be finding out if and when we would take our next adventure. So before the end of January we knew our new journey would be to Indiana, and it would be soon. I ended my time at Gracepoint and subbed at Churchill Baptist until we got the news. Went to the San Antonio Zoo one last time for our 5th anniversary and what would be our last anni in SA ( for free due to the Spurs winning). We enjoyed seeing GHOST with friends before receiving our call and making final prep for our move to Indy. February Good byes are hard,  especially when they are family, friends and food. Both of us were born and raised in South Texas and even when we moved to Oklahoma for 9 months in 2008-2009 for school at OBU- San Antonio was still home. Basica...

REVIEW: Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal

{necessary information} I received this book as a try-me from Tyndale Publishers and the opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher {transparency of blogger} I have worked for preschools and coaching facilities and as a babysitter for most of my life. Sometimes you have an extra coloring sheet laying around while the kids are babysitting ( and sometimes it was on purpose) so you have to sit down with the kids and use the best crayons or color pencils available to color the extra page. Okay, okay, I love to color. There is something therapeutic to coloring.  { review Gratitude} I love all things girly, so the fact that this book came with a flowery firm cover- I was giddy. Then you open up to devotion surrounded with black and white images crying to be colored- I was over the moon. After I read the devotional there is room to journal through my thoughts, taking coloring breaks. I highly reccomend this book for all ages and would b...