Skip to main content

wof baby- late

This year I was able to attend my very first Women of Faith and the best part was- I only had to pay for parking : )  ( also note the brown hair that I had dyed about an hour before with a Revlon $3 box). The even cooler part was that I didnt have to attend "alone" ( without anyone I specifically planned on being there with), I received two tickets from Women of Faith for being a part of #LeadingandLovingit  and then the girl next to me was not going to be able to attend so I got TWO more tickets : ) I was going to be able to invite 3 people. As soon as I got in the car God started tugging and I knew he had a plan greater than me inviting three people I knew ( my plan was my mother in law, a fellow ministry leader and probably my sister in law).

I prayed and prayed and one day ran into a mommy at my church who had also been the vbs leader- alot of planning goes into VBS and for no pay- check : ) The next week I attended SYATP with my hubby ( the youth pastor). We went to a new high school that we didnt visit the year prior because we knew a student would love to see us there and then a familuar face came up, she and her husband had joined the church the week that curtis and I were called and accpeted as members. Since we work with youth I dont really get to know many of the people who are not youth or youth parents and her and her hubby both are very busy and sometimes have to go out of town for work. She came to say bye and as she turned away I had asked her if she had ever been, and she had not- check 2 : ) I really struggled on who God was calling for me to invite with the final ticket. It was just sitting there and I didnt want control of who to invite. It was about two weeks till the event and we were having a social at church. I saw so many faces that I thought would love to go but my second ticket holder came up to me and asked if I knew if tickets were still available and if it was open seating, I told her yes there was still tickets and it wasnt open seating. She proceeded to tell me that the lady who had just accepted Christ the week before was interested in going and I told her that I had an extra ticket and she was more than welcome to come and sit with us - check 3 : )

I was very nervous about the whole situation ( as I have said in previous blogs- I dont have many girl friends and there are specific situations where I start feeling like a little girl and not the young woman I am).  I think it went pretty smoothly but I also pushed myself away because I didnt want to seem pushy and wanted them to feel comfortable to worship the way they felt led.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE: The Thing I was Promised I Could Not Do

I feel like every post I make, I am finding more of my voice again. I never in my life felt like I would have a voice to share about some of the more body related posts that I have made, but here I am to share about another personal body part- lol! I realized I had not shared about my breast feeding journey and I feel like it is something that might help someone. So the journey starts on a very cold day in January 2018. As I have noted in previous blogs, I had a c-section which was not 100 percent my goal but 100 percent perfect in every way. I was told going into my c-section that it may take a little longer for my milk to fully come in but it was not going to be impossible. So when my little guy was able to join me in the room we would be in, we went to work. I was still very medicated and he made his wiggly way to the source. I knew not much was coming but he was happy at the end of each feeding attempt, but his blood sugar was low and the nurses wanted me to switch to formula and w...

2014 Retrospective

Well well, 2015 snuck up on the Huffman- but want to look back at 2014. January tick tock, tick tock- we spent time waiting on our call- our 2013 ended after a whippity skippity trip to Indianapolis and knew that in Gods timing we would be finding out if and when we would take our next adventure. So before the end of January we knew our new journey would be to Indiana, and it would be soon. I ended my time at Gracepoint and subbed at Churchill Baptist until we got the news. Went to the San Antonio Zoo one last time for our 5th anniversary and what would be our last anni in SA ( for free due to the Spurs winning). We enjoyed seeing GHOST with friends before receiving our call and making final prep for our move to Indy. February Good byes are hard,  especially when they are family, friends and food. Both of us were born and raised in South Texas and even when we moved to Oklahoma for 9 months in 2008-2009 for school at OBU- San Antonio was still home. Basica...

REVIEW: Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal

{necessary information} I received this book as a try-me from Tyndale Publishers and the opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher {transparency of blogger} I have worked for preschools and coaching facilities and as a babysitter for most of my life. Sometimes you have an extra coloring sheet laying around while the kids are babysitting ( and sometimes it was on purpose) so you have to sit down with the kids and use the best crayons or color pencils available to color the extra page. Okay, okay, I love to color. There is something therapeutic to coloring.  { review Gratitude} I love all things girly, so the fact that this book came with a flowery firm cover- I was giddy. Then you open up to devotion surrounded with black and white images crying to be colored- I was over the moon. After I read the devotional there is room to journal through my thoughts, taking coloring breaks. I highly reccomend this book for all ages and would b...