Skip to main content

Review: Jesus Outside the Lines by Scott Sauls

{necessary information} I received this book as a try-me from Tyndale Publishers and the opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher.

{transparency of a blogger} I did not give this book the attention it should have gotten. My husband had found out in the Fall of 2015 that there would be a transition at our current church that required us to no longer have a pay check and I had transitioned out of my current position to be a full time employment search secretary. So instead of taking time to seek Gods will fully through prayer and His word, I spent time on job websites and social media. I actually wasn't even following most of the rest of what was going on in the world- I felt very stuck/consumed in my bubble of searching. Much of what was happening in the world around me ( political fighting, racial divide, attacks on police) are things touched on in....

 {insert Jesus outside the Lines} A book that reminds us as Christians that we are here to love on everyone- despite our opinions on their looks or who they like. This does not mean we partake in such lifestyles, just that we show grace and love. Battles of Church and State are as old as time, we just have so many more avenues to "post" about this issues and our stances. Am I saying we can not have a stance against something that is biblically wrong?-no. What I am saying is maybe we should be more careful about how we attack and remember the childhood bracelet {WWJD}. It is not an us against them- its us loving them with Christs' love as we are called to do. If not us then who? If we do not show love towards people then they are going to seek it else where.

If you love God, love people. Pure and Simple.

available on Amazon and ChristianBook 
{anastasia}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE: The Thing I was Promised I Could Not Do

I feel like every post I make, I am finding more of my voice again. I never in my life felt like I would have a voice to share about some of the more body related posts that I have made, but here I am to share about another personal body part- lol! I realized I had not shared about my breast feeding journey and I feel like it is something that might help someone. So the journey starts on a very cold day in January 2018. As I have noted in previous blogs, I had a c-section which was not 100 percent my goal but 100 percent perfect in every way. I was told going into my c-section that it may take a little longer for my milk to fully come in but it was not going to be impossible. So when my little guy was able to join me in the room we would be in, we went to work. I was still very medicated and he made his wiggly way to the source. I knew not much was coming but he was happy at the end of each feeding attempt, but his blood sugar was low and the nurses wanted me to switch to formula and w...

2014 Retrospective

Well well, 2015 snuck up on the Huffman- but want to look back at 2014. January tick tock, tick tock- we spent time waiting on our call- our 2013 ended after a whippity skippity trip to Indianapolis and knew that in Gods timing we would be finding out if and when we would take our next adventure. So before the end of January we knew our new journey would be to Indiana, and it would be soon. I ended my time at Gracepoint and subbed at Churchill Baptist until we got the news. Went to the San Antonio Zoo one last time for our 5th anniversary and what would be our last anni in SA ( for free due to the Spurs winning). We enjoyed seeing GHOST with friends before receiving our call and making final prep for our move to Indy. February Good byes are hard,  especially when they are family, friends and food. Both of us were born and raised in South Texas and even when we moved to Oklahoma for 9 months in 2008-2009 for school at OBU- San Antonio was still home. Basica...

REVIEW: Gratitude: A Prayer and Praise Coloring Journal

{necessary information} I received this book as a try-me from Tyndale Publishers and the opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher {transparency of blogger} I have worked for preschools and coaching facilities and as a babysitter for most of my life. Sometimes you have an extra coloring sheet laying around while the kids are babysitting ( and sometimes it was on purpose) so you have to sit down with the kids and use the best crayons or color pencils available to color the extra page. Okay, okay, I love to color. There is something therapeutic to coloring.  { review Gratitude} I love all things girly, so the fact that this book came with a flowery firm cover- I was giddy. Then you open up to devotion surrounded with black and white images crying to be colored- I was over the moon. After I read the devotional there is room to journal through my thoughts, taking coloring breaks. I highly reccomend this book for all ages and would b...