Skip to main content

LIFE: What 8 Months Can Do

If you are a follower of my blog, you may remember a little posty poo I wrote back in April titled, "Life: Adoption, Foster Care and Us" (if not check it out) which was the first time I was sharing publicly that I was okay if we never had biological children and a peek into my giant bleeding heart for foster and adoption. Well little did I know that only one month later I would be sitting in a doctor's office being told, " Congratulations, no antibiotics for you- you are pregnant.

Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."

Why do I ever think I know what God is planning and timing is for my life? God continues to remind this planner obsessed girl that His clock knows better than mine. I have had to lean on that more than anything 8 months after that blog. My husband and I are still praying/seeking/interviewing for guidance on where God has laid out for us next in ministry, and currently will be bringing our sweet bundle of joy home to a 400 square foot apartment.

Our little blessing is due within days of my husband and my NINE year anniversary- so to say that expecting is a long time coming is #truth. We have spent years loving on other people's children in ministry and through babysitting and look forward to snuggling our bundle of joy in 2018. If you read the April blog (which you should), nothing has changed except order of appearance at this point. My husband and I yearn for the day that God calls us to our new home so that we may get licensed as foster parents and possibly adopt. 

We knew all along that nothing was medically wrong (well we have learned that there is something medically different about me, but not wrong per say) and that we were capable of having children, but it happening at this time where we are so uncertain of what the future looks like is ALL GODS TIMING. I have a peace about all of this and I can only say it's God, because my brain could be freaking out on about 100 different levels about income, home, hospital, ect. When I wrote the blog in April I had found a peace about sharing that kids would come into my life in some shape or form and today I have a kid coming into my life after being knit in my womb. 

My heart still aches for the children in foster care, and the mamas (who like me) wait each month to possibly see the plus sign on a pregnancy test. For this reason, I have not been very vocal about my pregnancy. I share today to help remind someone in waiting that Gods timing is good, and you have not been forgotten. You are loved and your path is being woven before your very eyes. Each day you learn something, you are building who you are suppose to be for your Esther "such a time as this" moment. 

Please let me know if I can pray specifically for you or with you in your waiting season. 
<3 A


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE: Camp

I have had an awful lot of un published blogs lately. These blogs come from deep routed feelings that have surfaced this year due to one thing or another. Maybe some day these blogs will be unearthed but for today, this blog needed to be written while it was still raw.  I have very vague memories of third or forth grade summer camp at Alto Frio, where I met Nana Pudding ( a christian puppet) and went pogging for the first time in a river. Summer after sixth grade,  I got in church vans and headed to Louisiana for the first time to attend Student Life Camp, then proceeded to go to Angelo State University and Glorieta New Mexico a few times. I spent time serving during spring breaks at Riverbend Retreat Center which lead to an internship over the summer. The week that "Curtis" and I first really got to know each other, we were at Glorieta for Centrifuge camp.  Camp is a special place for me. Camp is a happy place for me.  In 2018, I was able to experience camp through new eyes

LIFE: Processing the Unknown

In the 90's, television and books portrayed the family with 2.5 children and a house with a two car garage where dad worked outside of the home and mom had dinner ready in the evenings. The show would continue with grandma and grandpa popping in for a visit or a trip to their house.  My 90's family did not have this imagery- and that's okay. I grew up with divorced parents, and the parents I lived with full time both were from countries other than the US- meaning aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents all still lived in their respective native land. This meant that I did not necessarily have the same visitation schedule as families who all live in the same city, state, or country.  I know from pictures that the first time that my Nana ( my dads mom) Sheila, from England, came to visit was the spring after I was born. I have pictures of myself in a stroller with my Nana below the Tower of Americas. The next time I would get the opportunity to be with my grandmother was arou

REVIEW: You Can Do This by Tricia Lott Williford

Tricia and her book baby {necessary information} I received this book from the author as a part of the launch team for free. The opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and not those of the author or publisher. {review: You Can Do This } Tricia is a clear and concise writer detailing some hurtful and raw points in her life. Through every chapter there is a reflection assignment to help you work through the tough spots in your life and find the confidence in Him to work through them. She sprinkles quotes from strong famous people, as well as strong Biblical truths. In chapter 5 she reminds you that the comment section does not have the right to get you down. On page 62, Tricias therapist reminds us that, " Everybody has a chapter of their life they don't read out loud." She introduced me to 6 word stories- which I am very excited to give a try. In chapter 9 she introduces us to her second love story. "No for now isn't no forever"!!!! Every cha